Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back in the saddle again

How could I forget what a great time it is just to ride, even if it's just running errands , or commuting to work. I've had my bike a little over a year now and not only is it fun but actually kinda practical too. Let's face it if your just going from point a to point b by yourself or maybe with a passenger, a motorcycle can save you a lot on gas, easy to park plus did I mention it's fun.

"What if you need to haul something?" you might ask. No problem. There are a lot of different types of motorcycle luggage sure to suit your needs. I have a tankbag just right for sunblock, drinks, bandana, etc. plus I still have room to bring home some takeout. It's kinda like a glovebox or console in a car. Not enough room, still? Put stuff in a topcase ( some call them tailtrunks) mounted on back. I can get three sometimes four grocery sacks in mine or a case of sodas. Like I said a motorcycle can be practical too given the right accessories. One of my favorite things about my tankbag and trunk is in a matter of seconds they re both easily removed.

Short or long commutes are not only more fun ,but cheaper too, My bike gets 50 to 55mpgs no matter if it's running around town, mostly what I do, or cruising down the highway. If you're not a fair weather rider there is jackets, gloves and all sort of gear to keep you toasted warm. There is electric vests, suits, and even handlebar grips worth the money.

Every time I get on my bike I just can't help but to imagine going down the highway to some unknown, unplanned destination, wind blowing in my hair.(okay what's left of my hair)Meeting exiting new people doing exciting new things, camping out, just going and blowing in the wind. Yeah I had a lot of these trips just like the ones described on my 1st motorcycle in 25 years. To my credit I hardly ever forget I'm suppose to be going to the store for bread or milk.

No comments: